I am always looking for quick, easy and delicious meals to cook for my husband and me. We have a sit down dinner together every night, so finding new recipes to thrown in with old favorites is key! I made this dinner last week, and wanted to share it with you all! The best part is, its relatively low carb, and took about 30 minutes to cook from start to finish. I assembled the tuna cakes first and got them on the skillet. While they are cooking, I made the slaw, and then cooked the bok choy in the pan with the droppings from the tuna cakes for extra flavor. Enjoy!
Asian Tuna Cakes2 cans of tuna packed in water
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
3 green onions, minced
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce (or Asian salad dressing)
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup cornmeal
- In a large bowl, mix the tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onions and garlic together.
- Blend in soy sauce, teriyaki (or asian dressing), ketchup, sesame oil and black pepper together into the mixture.
- Form the mixture into about 6 patties, about an inch thick.
- Dust the patties on all sides with cornmeal.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the patties for about five minutes on each side, or until a golden brown.
(Makes about 4 servings, adjust as necessary)
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup wasabi peas
1/2 cup shelled edamame
Asian salad dressing
- While the tuna cakes are cooking, add all ingredients into a serving bowl
- Top with Asian salad dressing and toss throughout
- Try not to pick at it before it's served :)
Sauteed Bok Choy
1 container of baby bok choy
salt and pepper
non stick cooking spray
- Prepare the bok choy by slicing off the ends
- Sprinkle the sesame oil across the bok choy
- Season with salt and pepper
- After you take off the tuna cakes, spray the pan with non stick cooking spray
- Add the bok choy and saute in the pan (make sure the extra seasonings from the tuna cakes are still in the pan) for about 3 minutes until it starts to get slightly soft
- Serve and enjoy!